The Original - 100% FOD-Free - Highly Visible
100% Recyclable - Made in the USA
Since 1999 airports worldwide have trusted the AR10x96 low-profile airport barricade to warn pilots of airfield hazards and ensure traveler safety. Nearly all airport construction projects near active aircraft require clearly marked boundaries which must not interfere with operations. The AR10x96 meets this need by identifying hazards for pilots and other individuals in elevated positions while maintaining critical wingtip clearance.
Built-in interlocking pins allow these low-profile barricades to connect without additional hardware and each barricade features specially designed fill-holes to accommodate two hazard lights and flags. The AR10x96 is frequently written into project specifications as it exceeds FAA and MIL STD requirements. It has been jet blast tested, and when filled with water will remain in place – unaffected by prop wash, jet blast, or surface winds in excess of 70 MPH – even when kitted with hazard lights and flags.
Boasting 3-degree angled sides, reflective sheeting, engineered UV protection, and a patented FOD-free connection system, these low-profile barricades have no equal and represent the safest way to delineate airfield hazards. The AR10x96 is in use at major international airports across the U.S. and abroad.
Features and Benefits
- Integrated connection design and large internal capacity eliminate the need for external weights, such as sandbags
- Does not violate wingtip clearance safety standards
- Includes factory-installed high-intensity orange and white reflective sheeting at no additional cost
- One-year manufacturing defect warranty
- Meets FAA AC150/5370-2G “Operational Safety on Airports During Construction”
- DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 3-260-01 “Airfield and Heliport Planning and Design”
- “Buy America Act” Compliant
- Safety Orange
- Custom colors available (minimum purchase required)
- UV-resistant High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Blow molded
- Reflective sheeting (6 in x 72 in / 17.8cm x 183cm)
- Height: 10 in / 25.4 cm
- Length: 96 in / 2.44 m
- Width: 10 in / 25.4 cm
- Empty: 19 lb / 12.7 kg
- Full: Apprx 270 lb / 122.5 kg*
- Two solar hazard lights
- Two hazard flags
OTW AR-10×96 – Orange/White
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"