Versatile - Sturdy - Highly Visible
100% Recyclable - Made in the USA
The AR24x96 Low-Profile Barricade is most commonly used to designate large airside construction zones, that is, work taking place within the secure zone of airports around active aircraft. Taller and heavier than our 10-inch low-profile barricade, the AR24x96 is more visible to pilots in larger airplanes.
Built-in interlocking pins allow these airport construction barricades to connect without additional hardware and each barricade features specially designed fill-holes to accommodate hazard warning lights. Medium-height barricades also work extremely well in low-speed construction zones, parking lots, and specialty applications where federal highway construction zone standards do not apply.
The AR24x96 weighs only 35 pounds empty, but once ballasted with water can weigh up to 375 pounds. At 24 inches high, this advantageous height-to-weight ratio gives the AR24x96 enhanced staying power during inclement weather and high-wind conditions. Realizing that airport construction zones can shift rapidly, we designed this medium-height barricade with molded lower forklift points to ease relocation, even when filled with water. Like our other airport safety products, the AR24x96 is specifically designed to meet the needs of large and small airports while exceeding FAA safety compliance standards.
Features and Benefits
- 100% FOD-free patented connection system
- Requires no additional hardware or parts
- Barricade shape is low enough not to interfere with aircraft
- Easy to install and break down
- Forklift points allow for easy relocation when filled with water
- Includes factory-installed high-intensity orange and white reflective sheeting
- Meets FAA A/C 150/5370-2G “Operational Safety on Airports During Construction”
- “Buy America Act” Compliant
- Safety orange
- Call for alternate color options
- UV-resistant High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Blow molded
- Height: 24 in / 60.9 cm
- Length: 96 in / 2.44 m
- Width: 14 in / 35.5 cm
- Empty: 35 lb / 12.7 kg
- Full: Apprx 375 lb / 122.5 kg*
- *Weight calculation based on 30 standard US gallons of water
- Up to two flashing or steady burn solar-powered lights (AC 150/5370-2F & UFC 3-260-01 Compliant)
NSN Reference & Corresponding OTW Part Numbers NSN 5660-01-469-7542 OTW AR-24×96 – Orange/White
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"