- These additional charges can be billed after the order is placed if it was not requested initially or if a change was made later.
- When we have accurate information before sending a quote, the freight quote will include these services.
- These are the most common unexpected charges:
Notify Before Delivery - When your consignee needs a heads-up on when the shipment will be delivered, the Notify Before Delivery service is what is needed. This service can cost between $50 and $100.
Redelivery Fees: Typically range from $50 to $150 per redelivery attempt.
Liftgate Service: Usually 100 per shipment.
Inside Pickup/Delivery: Costs can vary, typically ranging from $75 to $150 per service.
Residential Pickup/Delivery: This fee can range from $50 to $150, depending on the location and carrier.
Hold At Terminal / Storage Fees: These vary greatly but can be around $25 to $50 per day after an initial free period.
Limited Access Delivery: Charges can range from $75 to $200, depending on the specific location type (e.g., schools, construction sites).
When it comes to LTL shipping, certain destinations are deemed as 'limited access' due to the unique challenges they pose for delivery. These locations typically result in longer stop times for drivers, impacting their overall efficiency. For instance, a driver might cover several stops in a commercial area within the time it takes to complete a single delivery at a restricted access site. This reduced productivity leads carriers to impose additional charges for such deliveries.
The definition of a limited-access location varies between carriers, but commonly includes sites with certain characteristics:
- Limited or no public access during standard business hours.
- Absence of personnel to promptly receive the shipment.
- Lack of a loading dock or suitable unloading platform.
- The presence of security checkpoints leads to delivery delays.
Examples of places frequently classified as limited access include:
- Festivals and fairgrounds.
- Religious establishments.
- Construction zones.
- Agricultural properties like farms and ranches.
- Healthcare centers lacking a loading dock.
- Military installations.
- Mining or quarry sites.
- Energy extraction sites like oil or natural gas fields.
- Educational institutions without dedicated unloading facilities.
These additional charges reflect the special handling and time considerations needed for deliveries to these sites.
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"