Solar-Powered - Heavy Duty - 360°
The Military Grade Hazard Light is engineered with a slightly angled lens to direct light upward and draw special attention from both ground crews and pilots. This model is taller and heavier than our Airport Barricade Hazard Light - Steady Burn and is ideal for use in harsh conditions or for extended periods of time. These solar airport lights are a cost effective and environmentally sound option for airports and other construction projects.
The Military Grade Hazard Light is designed to screw directly into the 10" Low-Profile Airport Barricade, this light also mounts easily to the 24" Low-Profile Airport Barricade and the road-rated Dual-Sign Traffic Wedge when coupled with a basic adapter.
To maximize the hazard light battery life, remove the battery and store it separately when the light is not being used. The charged light automatically turns on when ambient light falls below 60 lux, which typically occurs during evening civil twilight or inclement weather. The flashing variant (ARL-FL) maintains a 55 blink per minute rate when activated.
Features and Benefits
- Battery: 1.2v Sub-C Class 2200 mAh
- Temperature Range: -4°F to +149°F / -20°C to +65°C
- Water and Dust Resistant to IP67 Standard
- 4 Red LED with effective intensity of 8 candela
- Nominal Night Range: 2 miles / 3.2 km
- Vertical Divergence: +/- 5°
- Horizontal Output: 360°
Movement Areas: FAA AC 150/5370 – 2G
This FAA advisory circular also calls for “Omni-directional red lights either flashing or steady-burning, collapsible barricades, and/or signs to separate all construction/maintenance areas from the movement areas.”
Reduced Visibility: FAA AC 150/5370 – 2G
“During reduced visibility or night hours, supplement the barricades with red lights, either flashing or steady-burning.”
- 55 per minute
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"