MADE IN THE USA & 100% RECYCLABLE
The new compact 32-inch LCD barricade represents the next step in the evolution of temporary plastic safety devices. It’s smaller and lighter than any of our other models and features the most unique geometry we have designed thus far.
A Brand New Design
Since the first concrete barriers were implemented on highways, little has changed in regard to their form. This innovative new part is a hybrid of the well-known Jersey shape and the more effective F-shape – widely regarded as the safest shape for drivers in a collision. What really makes this barricade different is the interior geometry that allowed for a significant size decrease while maintaining the function and impact strength of a larger barricade.
Our current traffic rated part is 42 inches high and 72 inches long with a 24-inch base. It has three sloping ridges and two concave sections in between that give the barricade a rigid but light structure. To create a smaller version, only 32 inches high and 45 inches wide, that would function like a larger part, our engineering team designed internal bracing structures and modified the proportions of the original. The angles used give the barricade a unique look and a very rigid and strong internal structure.
For work zones that require 42-inch tall barricades the 42-inch LCD works great but this height is not always necessary. For projects that require 32-inch barricades the new design functions as well as our current LCD but at a fraction of the size and cost.
The 42-inch LCD is an effective channelizing device and has been one of our most popular products since it was introduced. However, it’s imposing size limits the maximum number of units per full truckload to only 80 parts. The new smaller LCD is 32 pounds empty and its compact size allows us to fit 24 parts on a single pallet. This means we will achieve a 68% increase in linear feet per full truckload, significantly reducing shipping costs for our customers.
The barricade features a large fill cap, drain cap and two mounting points to accommodate traditional pancake-style lights. After receiving feedback from our customers, we’ve also included holes on each side of the part that can be used to zip tie or bolt barricades together (Note: Barricades do not have to be secured together to be effective in channelizing cars).
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Rigid internal structure provides impact strength in a smaller size
- Supports up to two traditional pancake-style lights
- Set up requires no additional hardware or parts
- Barricade allows for water ballast expansion in freezing conditions
- One-year manufacturing defect warranty
- Safety Orange
OPTIONAL REFLECTIVE SHEETING
- We can add a 5" wide, 36" long 3M reflective sheeting on the barricade. Cost is $19 for one side, $34 for both sides.
- Reflective sheeting can also be purchased and applied by the customer. A 150' ft 5" wide roll price is $475.00
- UV-resistant Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Rotationally molded
- Height: Height: 32.125” / 81.5 cm
- Length: 46” / 116.8 cm
- Width at Base: 20.375” / 51.8 cm
- Width at Top: 10.5” / 26.7 cm
- Empty: 32 lb / 14.5 kg
- 10.5 gallons: 120 lb / 54.4 kg
- 56.1 gallons (max fill): 500 lb / 226.8 kg
Weight calculation based on standard US gallons of water.
- Pallet Dimensions: 68” x 91” x 4”
- Pallet Capacity: 24 units
- FTL Capacity: 216 units - 810 linear feet.
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"