Crash-Tested - Interlocking - Multi-Purpose
100% Recyclable - Made in the USA
The impact of construction zone collisions reaches beyond material loss. Accidents in work zones are often fatal and this reality was the driving force in developing the Traffic Barricade. We designed this product to help mitigate the risk drivers and work crews face each day. This 42-inch Jersey Shape LCD is the second iteration of our JSS LCD product and boasts enhanced features to make the barricade more versatile while continuing to meet stringent safety standards.
This traffic control device is approved by the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) 350 standard for a Longitudinal Channelizing Device (LCD) at Test Level 3 (TL-3) criteria for use in high-speed construction zones. An optional fence kit provides a pedestrian deterrent, offers protection from projectile debris, and can support privacy screening.
Concrete barriers, while popular, are often not required and can contribute to fatal accidents by redirecting vehicles back into active traffic. Traffic cones and drums are also popular, but often create confusion for drivers at normal traffic speeds. Traffic engineers and human factors professionals from Texas A&M concluded that gaps between drums or cones cause significant delays in driver response time1. The Traffic Barricade forms a clear line of delineation and is treated like a wall by drivers.
Features and Benefits
- NCHRP-350 crash tested and accepted at TL3 standards
- Compatible with standard amber highway barricade light
- Interlocking “J-Hook” design requires no additional hardware or parts
- Barricade allows for water ballast expansion in freezing conditions
- One-year manufacturing defect warranty
- Meets MUTCD Specification 6F.66 for LCD
- Meets NCHRP-350 TL3 requirements for LCD
- Chain link style fence panel
- Factory-installed reflective sheeting
Note: Be sure to evaluate job requirements to determine what type of LCD is required. The MB42x72 JSS LCD federal approval memo is on file and available upon request.
- Safety Orange
- Custom colors available (minimum quantity required)
OPTIONAL REFLECTIVE SHEETING
- We can add a 5" wide, 72" long 3M reflective sheeting on the barricade. Cost is $27 for one side, $43 for both sides.
- Reflective sheeting can also be purchased and applied by the customer. A 150' ft 5" wide roll price is $475.00
- UV-resistant High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Blow molded
- Height: 42 in / 106.6 cm
- Length: 72 in / 182.8 cm
- Width: 24 in / 60.96 cm
- Empty: 75 lb / 34.01 kg
- Full weights below:
- Deployed as LCD: 170 lb / 77.1 kg*
- Max Ballast ≈1330 lb / 603.3 kg^
* May not exceed 10.8 gallons / 41L of water, weight calculation based on standard US gallons of water
^ Max water ballast is 150 gallons / 567.8L, weight calculation based on standard US gallons of water
- Pallet Dimensions: 92” x 76” x 90”
- Pallet Capacity: 10 units
- FTL Capacity: 80 units - 460 linear feet.
Crowd control barrier packaging options: assembled or disassembled?
Shipping disassembled - knocked-down (most popular).
Most barriers are packaged 2 in a box, when you receive the shipment you will have to twist the pole in to the base, instructions will be inside the box, usually no tools required.
We can ship posts fully assembled in the factory, there is a small charge for it, but you don’t have to do anything else just unpack it at the location. A small portion of our barriers can only be shipped assembled.
- Shipping cost to ship SMALL orders (up to 25 posts) assembled will be 2 to 3 times higher, because the box will become very large and carriers will charge so called “dimensional weight”. Example: to ship two 25 Lbs post disassembled posts in 1 box, the billable weight is 50 Lbs for both posts, to ship them assembled - each post will be boxed individually in a 42x15x15" box, each box actual weight is 26 Lbs, but the “dimensional” - billable weight is 57 Lbs each, or 114 Lbs.
- Shipping cost to ship LARGE orders (25 or more assembled posts) will be virtually the same. Large heavy orders are being shipped using the most economical method - LTL, boxes are shipped on pallets, the dimensional weight is not applicable in this case. For more details click here
- Large order shipping cost has to be calculated and quoted manually after you place your order.
- We can always use your carrier to ship, the shipping charge from us will be $0, you will be charged by your carrier depending to your rates.
"Free Shipping" packaging options:
Products that are sold with “Free shipping” are shipped “Knocked-down”, if you select “Assembled” a shipping charge will be added in addition to the $9 packaging fee. If your order is for 25 post or more and ships LTL, no extra shipping is charged. For more packaging information click here<- Return to main page "Shipping-and-Returns"